INFORMATION ON BOLTON FM OPEN DAYS
THE TIME TO BE AWESOME IS NOW.
Our next open day will be announced soon.
Open Days are your chance to come along and see what goes on behind the scenes at a Radio Station. You will meet existing volunteers and see how you could contribute to the running of our award winning radio station.
Bolton FM helps support a diverse range of charities and groups from across Bolton, the support ranging from on air promotion to actually being part of an event such as Bolton Hospice Midnight Memories Walk or Bolton Teenage Market.
We're looking to recruit new enthusiastic volunteers of all ages to help fill the many roles at Bolton FM. The following interests and skills are of value to us:
- Music knowledge - Music Library Management.
- Presentation Skills - live and pre-recorded radio shows.
- Audio Production Skills - Making adverts and editing audio for broadcast.
- Videography - Video for our YouTube channel and vision mixing for live events.
- Photography - Images for our website and social media.
- Technical / Engineering - Installation, repair and maintenance of equipment and software.
- Sound Engineering - Live PA setup for events.
- Public Speaking - Hosting live roadshows.
- Organisational Skills - Arranging cover for shows / live event organisation.
- Social Media Skills - Growing our social following.
- Marketing and Communications Skills - Selling adverts / dealing with visitors and customers.
- Researchers and Copywriters - Features for broadcast / website updates.
- Graphic Design - Logos and graphics for the website, social media and leaflets.
- Other behind the scenes roles - There are always endless other jobs to be done!
It's much more than just being "on the radio" and everyone involved helps contribute towards our "social gain" which is part of our "key commitments"
Who can Volunteer?
Anyone from age 16 upwards who has some free time on a regular basis, usually at least once a week any time from 6 am to midnight.
The period of time you volunteer for is up to you, don't be put off by thinking I can only volunteer for three months, then I have to start a job or go back to university.
Volunteering is an opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, learn new skills and be part of some fantastic Bolton events.
Most of all volunteering at Bolton FM is fun!
Sold already? Can't wait for an open day? Details on how to apply to be a volunteer are available here