There are a lot of great opportunities available at Bolton FM; from admin, news reading, fundraising, interviewing, outside broadcasting,graphic design to studio and volunteer support. All of our presenters are volunteers and dedicate anything from one hour up to an entire day towards their voluntary work at our award-winning community radio station. Bolton FM can help you meet new friends, improve confidence, teach you lots of new skills and improve your CV.
As we receive so many emails and letters a week asking for information on how to get involved as a volunteer, it is important that when you get in touch you provide the following information in order to be considered for a placement, an on air show or general voluntary work:
- What would you like to do at Bolton FM? (admin, outside broadcasting, presenting, technical support, fundraising, etc).
- Why do you want to get involved with Bolton FM?
- What is your availability?
- List your media/music experience (if any), skills and interests
- You must be 16 or over
- You must ideally live or work in Bolton
- You must have a passion for Bolton life and real desire to promote the wealth of activities that are happening in Bolton.
- You would ideally be able to commit to around two hours or more a week of voluntary work
Do you have something to offer our community radio station? Still not sure?
Have a listen to the experience of one of our volunteers
Be on the lookout for our regular Open Days