Sausage and Fennel Tagliatelle
Posted on Thursday 16 May 2019 by Jojo
- 250g tagliatelle
- Calorie-controlled cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 Heck Chicken Italia sausages
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and very finely sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 4 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mist a large, deep, non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Slice open the sausages, add the meat to the pan and fry, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes. Add the fennel and chilli flakes to the sausage and onion mixture and stir to combine.
Drain the pasta, reserving 250ml of the cooking water. Add the lemon juice, creme fraiche and a splash of the reserved pasta water to the sausage mixture, stir well, then cook for 1 minute. Season to taste.
Toss the pasta with the sausage and fennel sauce, adding a little more of the pasta water to loosen the sauce if it’s too thick.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates and scatter over the lemon zest, reserved fennel fronds, parsley and extra chilli flakes. Serve with the lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the pasta.